Fainting Fancies are a type of sweet sold by Fred and George Weasley for their Skiving Snackbox to get students out of lessons. Fainting Fancies are designed to make the eater faint within seconds of eating. In 1995, Fred and George fed them to first years in the common room to test them, until they were stopped by Hermione Granger, who did not approve. There is some question as to how an unconscious person would be able to eat the second half of the sweet, though it is possible that he might just need a friend to put it in his mouth.
In the 1995–1996 school year, while the twins were still at school, this is one of the many Skiving Snackbox sweet varieties that they had sold and tested on students, and they were used to allow students to skip classes, but mainly as part of the Umbridge-itis disease to annoy the tyrannical Dolores Umbridge. In this year Harry used them on Slytherins.
Behind the scenes
- According to the Mobile version, Harry Potter used Fainting Fancies on Slytherins to make them sick so that he could pass down the corridors.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mobile version only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) Mobile version