Exploding bonbons were sweets made by Kaboon Choco Ltd.. They contained pure cocoa and Coconut Dynamite. They presumably blew up when eaten, although they likely did not cause a major explosion, given the injury this would cause.
Behind the scenes
- Exploding Bonbons are one of several Harry Potter tie-in candies that have been produced in real life.
- Educational Decree Number Sixty-Seven forbade these bonbons from exploding in school and also required owners to turn them in to an approved disposal unit.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Disc 2)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Mentioned only) (Appears in extra feature on Disc 2)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4