At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The Exploding Charm (Bombarda) is used to provoke small explosions. One use for this explosion is to blast open sealed doors or to blow bars off of windows. The incantation Bombarda Maxima is a stronger, more powerful variation of this spell.
Based off of the English word "bombard" meaning: attack (a place or person) continuously with bombs, shells, or other missiles.
Behind the scenes
- This spell was first seen in the third film; in the book, however, Hermione uses a safer unlocking spell.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Possible appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references