Walden Macnair worked as an executioner for the Ministry of Magic, after having been acquitted for his activities as a Death Eater during the First Wizarding War. In 1993, he accompanied Fudge to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to carry out the disposal of Buckbeak, the Hippogriff who had been sentenced to death for its attack on Draco Malfoy.
Since the end of the Second Wizarding War it is unknown who is now fulfilling the role of executioner.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned in early drafts)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)