Prior to 1994
- "Mr. Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden inside the castle has this year been extended to include Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees, and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs. The full list comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items, I believe, and can be viewed in Mr. Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it."
- —Albus Dumbledore giving his start-of-term speech.[src]
An Ever-Bashing Boomerang is a joke product that presumably swings back to repeatedly hit the thrower. Argus Filch added these Boomerangs to the list of items banned at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry at the beginning of the 1994–1995 school year.
Behind the scenes
- In the original script from the film adaption of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince it is said that Ever-Bashing Boomerangs are seen in Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. However they were cut out, or at the very least seen in the background, and was replaced by Fanged Frisbees.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Script only) (Possibly seen in the background)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (First appearance)