|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Mrs. Evans (b. In or Before 1942 - d. between July 31, 1971 and October 31, 1981) was a Muggle, married to Mr. Evans. She had two daughters: Petunia and Lily Evans. The family lived in Cokeworth, near the home of the dysfunctional Snape family.
While Petunia was a Muggle like her parents, Lily was a Muggle-born witch, something Mr. Evans and Mrs. Evans were very proud of. Petunia, on the other hand, was jealous and considered her sister a "freak". Mr. and Mrs. Evans suffered normal Muggle deaths, though the exact causes are unknown; it was sometime before the murder of their youngest daughter in 1981.
Mrs. Evans and her husband were most likely a happy couple and had a good marriage before their deaths.
Like her husband, Mrs. Evans was extremely proud of their youngest daughter, Lily, and was very fond of her magical powers.
However, this made Petunia feel left out and jealous of her sister.
Mrs. Evans's relationship with oldest daughter Petunia may have been good, but she and her husband favoured Lily because of her magical abilities and she felt left out.
Mrs. Evans died sometime between July 31, 1971 and October 31, 1981 from a normal Muggle death, although the exact cause is unknown. It is unknown if she died by the time her daughters were married, but was most likely dead by the time her grandsons were born.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned) (Appears in Mirror of Erised)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Appears in flashback(s))
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Mentioned only as "Mummy")
- Pottermore (citation needed)
Notes and references
- ↑ Mrs. Evans had to be at least 17 to have Petunia, who is born in the late 50s; if Petunia is born in 1959, which is likely, then her mother's birthdate must be in or before 1942.