|This article is non-canon.
This article covers a subject that has been deemed non-canon by either the author or the Harry Potter licensees, and thus should not be taken as a part of the "real" Harry Potter universe.
- Arthur Weasley used this spell, among others, on his Flying Ford Anglia. It was able to fit all of the Weasleys living at the Burrow at that time, Harry Potter, and all of their luggage comfortably. Molly did not recognise it for what it was, stating "Muggles do know more than we give them credit for, don't they?"
- Mundungus Fletcher cast this spell on an automobile he stole on Christmas of 1995 to transport the Weasleys and company to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. It managed to fit all of the above minus Arthur and Percy, as well as William Weasley, Hermione Granger, Alastor Moody, Remus Lupin, and Mundungus himself.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Enlarging Spell is only identified as such in the American edition of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix published by Scholastic. In the original Bloomsbury edition, the text merely states that the car had been "enlarged with a spell". Pottermore, however, clarifies that the Undetectable Extension Charm was the charm used on the Weasley's Ford Anglia, thus making this spell non-canon.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Identified as 'Enlarging Spell' in American version only)