Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson
Alexander Watson (brother)
|In Harry Potter|
Emma knew she wanted to act from the age of six.  Prior to being cast in the Harry Potter films, Watson had only acted in school plays. At school, she took the lead role in several plays, including Arthur: The Young Years and The Happy Prince. Along with plays, Emma participated in many other school productions, including the Daisy Pratt Poetry Competition, in which she won first place for her year at age seven.At the age of nine, Watson made her professional acting début in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone playing vulnerable know-it-all Hermione Granger. In 2002, she starred in the Potter sequel, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. In 2004 and 2005, she again played the brainy Hermione Granger in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. In 2007, she returned to the Potter franchise a fifth time in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, reprising her role as Hermione Granger. Following the release of Order of the Phoenix, Watson made her first major forays beyond the Potter franchise, playing Pauline Fossil in the television film Ballet Shoes, and voicing Princess Pea in the animated film The Tale of Despereaux. She returned to the role of Hermione for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which was released in 2009 after originally being scheduled for a Christmas 2008 release. She then went on to perform the character for the final two Harry Potter films, filmed in 2008-2009 and released in 2010 and 2011.
In 2007, Emma was ranked 22nd in Portrait Magazine's "Top 30 Under 30 2007". She was the only one from her cast mates.
In 2008, Emma was nominated and awarded fourth place in Portrait Magazine's Top 30 Under 30 2008 list making this her 2nd time.  Her Harry Potter co-star Bonnie Wright, who plays Ginny Weasley in the films, was also nominated and awarded fifth place . She and Wright were the only ones of the cast of Harry Potter to be nominated in the Top 30 Under 30 2008 list by Portrait Magazine.
Watson's post-Potter acting career has been the subject of conflicting media reports, with some saying she plans to quit acting to concentrate on university, and others stating she plans to continue acting. In July 2009 it was announced that she will be attending Brown University, in Providence, Rhode Island Her subsequent enrollment in classes in September 2009 was met with considerable paparazzi interest.
In June 2009 Emma became the new face of Burberry. As of Autumn 2010, Emma is no longer the face of Burberry, but is still with the company.
On September 17, 2009, Emma announced on her official website and as reported in the Guardian that she will be collaborating on a fashion line with People Tree, the sustainable and fair trade fashion brand. Emma served as a creative advisor on the spring/summer line which was launched in February 2010. Emma did three lines for People Tree. 
In December 2009, Watson was nominated and voted in eighth place in Portrait Magazine, Top 30 Under 30 2009 List.  Emma's fellow Harry Potter's co-stars was also nominated Bonnie Wright who plays Ginny Weasley was second place, Evanna Lynch who play Luna Lovegood was third place, Rupert Grint who plays Ron Weasley was fifth place, Tom Felton who plays Draco Malfoy was fourteenth place, and Daniel Radcliffe who plays Harry Potter was eighteenth place in Portrait Magazine, Top 30 Under 30 2009 List.
In March 2010, Emma performed in Anton Chekov's Three Sisters. The play was a student-directed play at Brown University, where she was a freshman at the time. 
Also in June 2010, the man who had digitally altered photos to make a fake nude picture of Emma (in May 2010) pleaded gulity to 19 counts of indecent images including children. 
In February 2011 Emma became the face of Lancôme. She is still the face of Lancôme today.
In March 2011 Emma's five piece organic clothing line with Alberta Ferretti debuted.
Coming out in 2012, Emma will star in the film The Perks of Being a Wallflower. The film is based off the novel by Stephen Chbosky. Emma plays an American high-schooler named Sam.
Emma's full name is Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson, and was born on April 15th, 1990 at 6:00 P.M. in Le Marais  Paris, France. Her parents are Jacqueline Luesby and Chris Watson, and both are lawyers.   They lived in Maisons-Laffitte, Paris until they divorced.
When she was five years old, her parents divorced and she moved to Oxfordshire, England with her mother and younger brother. Both her parents have remarried, and she has three half-siblings and two step-brothers. 
An avid sports player, Watson enjoys playing hockey, tennis, and rounders. She is also said to be a gifted singer.
Favourite Music: Seasick Steve, Mumford & Sons, Rihanna, Lady GaGa, Joni Mitchell, Pixie Lott, Lily Allen, The Noisettes, Merril Brainbridge, Michael Jackson, Hot Chip, Van Morrison, Counting Crows, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, The Pretenders, Jet, Laura Marling, Citizen Cope, Arkane Daze 
Favourite Fashon Companies and Designers: Burberry, Erdem, People Tree, Ray-Ban, Alex and Ani, Chanel, Stella McCartney, Smythson, Mulberry, Isabel Marant, APC, Agnès B, Chloé, Valentino, Céline, Calvin Klein Collection, Zadig & Voltaire, Maje, Sandro, Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci, Acne, J Brand, Charlotte Olympia, A.L.C., A.P.C., Alberta Ferretti 
Favourite Books: I Capture the Castle by Dodi Smith, The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro, The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, La Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, The BFG by Roald Dahl 
Favourite Sports: Swimming, Hockey, Tennis, Dance 
Favourite Colour: White or Cream 
Favourite Scent: Lancôme’s Trésor Midnight Rose (That she helped create) 
Favourite Hotel: The Berkeley (in London) 
Favourite Architect: Antoni Gaudí 
Favourite Luggage: Trunks 
Favourite Destination: Kenya, Africa 
Favourite Personal Discovery: The blueberry-ricotta pancakes at Little Dom’s (in L.A., California, USA) 
Behind the scenes
- Watson shares a birthday (April 15) and her own name with Harry Potter co-star Emma Thompson (who portrays Sybill Trelawney).
- Watson was asked in an interview promoting Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone how she would feel kissing her co-stars Rupert or Dan. She jokingly replied 'no chance, not written in my contract'. Ironically, she kissed both of them.
- On the United States show "David Letterman's Late Show", Watson revealed that she will be going to college in the United States and that she will work on Liberal Arts degree focusing on Humanities.
- On "David Letterman's Late Show", Watson revealed that for secondary school, she went to Headington girls school in Oxford. She also revealed that her grades were mainly in the A category.
- On "David Letterman's Late Show", Watson also revealed that she passed her automatic driving test in 2008 and she is driving a Toyota Prius.
- Controversy arose shortly before the release of the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix film when it was discovered that Watson's breast size had been digitally enhanced on a poster advertising the film's IMAX release. This image gave Melissa Anelli, webmistress of fansite The Leaky Cauldron, "the full heebie jeebies," since Watson was playing a fifteen-year-old, and was herself under eighteen.
- At the age of thirteen, Watson was placed tenth in "The Hottest Female Stars", in February 2004.
- She became the youngest person ever to appear on the front cover of Teen Vogue magazine, at the age of fifteen.
- She achieved eight A* and two A passes in her GCSEs (English exams pupils sit in their last compulsory year of education). She jokingly compared this to her portrayal of Hermione Granger, a self-conscious know-it-all.
- Watson passed her driving test on her first attempt, on January 28, 2008.
- Watson is the youngest of the Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger actors. Ironically, in the books, Hermione is the oldest of the three; her birthday is in September while Ron and Harry's are the following year in March and July, respectively.
- Watson owns two cats, by the names of Domino and Bubbles.
- She doesn't drink tea or coffee. She says she doesn't like the taste.
- Emma Watson is a huge fan of Nutella.
- Emma Watson never dated George Craig, the lead singer of the band One Night Only, contrary to rumours. She starred in one of their videos, Say You Don't Want It. He also was a model for Burberry alongside Emma Watson and her brother Alex. 
- Emma Watson used to be dating 27-year-old financer Jay Barrymore. They later had a row about Emma going to Brown University in the United States which resulted in them breaking up. 
- Like Hermione, Watson was born to two parents of the same occupation; Hermione's are both dentists, and Emma's are both lawyers.
- In an interview, Watson said that she hates it so much when people call her "Emily" instead of "Emma" and is frequently confused with Oscar-nominated British actress Emily Watson.
- Rumours claimed that Watson nearly did not return for Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows filming, but ultimately decided to because she "couldn't bear seeing anyone else playing Hermione". However, she has on her official website denied this and explained that she was only trying to make it clear to WarnerBros. that she needed them to cooperate with her education for filming. She now attends Brown University in Rhode Island.
- Even though Hermione doesn't have freckles in the books, Emma Watson has freckles around her nose which are usually hidden by make up in the films.
- At least one actor from the Harry Potter films has appeared alongside Emma Watson in almost every non-Harry Potter film she has appeared in. In The Tale of Despereaux, Robbie Coltrane (Rubeus Hagrid) voices Gregory and Ciarán Hinds (Aberforth Dumbledore) voices Botticelli, in Ballet Shoes, Richard Griffiths (Vernon Dursley) plays Great Uncle Matthew, in My Week With Marilyn, Kenneth Branagh (Gilderoy Lockhart) plays Sir Laurence Olivier, Zoe Wanamaker (Rolanda Hooch) plays Paula Strasberg, Toby Jones (Dobby) plays Arthur Jacobs and Geraldine Somerville (Lily Evans) plays Lady Jane Clark.
- Emma Watson has a younger brother, Alex who accompanied her to many premieres. He is also one of the models of Burberry.
- In an interview, Watson admitted that she had a crush on Harry Potter co-star Tom Felton saying: "I have to confess, I had a bit of a crush on Tom Felton in the earlier films, but never on Daniel or Rupert, they are just good friends.". Rupert, on the other hand, admitted that both he and Dan had a crush on Emma saying: "Emma's a pretty girl. Have Daniel or I ever hit on Emma? Well, she's quite popular with the cast. As for who has the worst crush on her - me or Radcliffe - I'd rather not say.". 
- Currently dating Johnny Simmons as of August 2011, as of January 2012 it is unknown whether they are still together or not.
- Watson's natural hair colour is brown because the hair and eyebrows should have the same color. Emma dyed her hair blonde for Ballet Shoes and to avoid being typecast as "the girl from Harry Potter".
- Whilst Emma's character does not like Professor Trelawney, Emma is a great fan of Emma Thompson.
Awards and Honours
- Saturn Awards - Best Performance by a Younger Actor (Philosopher's Stone) - Nominated
- Young Artist Awards - Best Performance in a Feature Film - Leading Young Actress (Philosopher's Stone) - Won
- Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards - Best Youth Performance (Philosopher's Stone) -Nominated Kids Awards 2002 -Favorite Movie (Philosopher's Stone) - Shared with Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint - Won
- Disney Channel Kids Awards 2003 - Best Movie (Chamber of Secrets) Shared with Tom Felton - Won
- Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards - Best Acting Ensemble (Chamber of Secrets) - Shared with Kenneth Branagh, John Cleese, Robbie Coltrane, Warwick Davis, Richard Griffiths, Rupert Grint, Richard Harris, Jason Isaacs, Daniel Radcliffe, Alan Rickman, Fiona Shaw, Maggie Smith, Julie Walters - Won
- Critic's Choice Awards - Best Young Actress (Prisoner of Azkaban) - Nominated
- Critic's Choice Awards - Best Young Actress (Goblet of Fire) - Nominated
- Blimp Awards - Favorite Movie Star (Goblet of Fire) - Nominated
- MTV Movie Awards - Best On-Screen Team (Goblet of Fire) - Shared with Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint - Nominated
- National Movie Awards - Female Performance (Order of the Phoenix) - Won
- Empire Awards - Best Actress (Order of the Phoenix) - Nominated
- Portrait Magazine, Top 30 Under 30 2008 List - Nominated and Awarded Fourth Place
- Portrait Magazine, Top 30 Under 30 2009 List - Nominated and Voted in Eighth Place
- People's Choice Awards - Favorite On-Screen Team (Half-Blood Prince) - Shared with Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint - Nominated
- MTV Movie Awards - Best Female Performance (Half-Blood Prince) - Nominated
- Teen Choice Awards - Choice Movie Actress: Fantasy (Half-Blood Prince) - Nominated
- MTV Movie Awards - Best Kiss (Deathly Hallows Part 1) - Shared with Daniel Radcilffe - Nominated
- MTV Movie Awards - Best Female Performance (Deathly Hallows Part 1) - Nominated
- MTV Movie Awards - Best Fight (Deathly Hallows Part 1) - Shared with Daniel Radcliffe, Rod Hunt, Rupert Grint, Arben Bajraktaraj - Nominated
- Empire Awards - Best Actress (Deathly Hallows Part 1) - Nominated
- Teen Choice Awards - Choice Movie Actress: Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Deathly Hallows Part 1) - Won
- Teen Choice Awards - Choice Movie Liplock (Deathly Hallows Part 1) - Shared with Daniel Radcliffe - Won
- People's Choice Awards - Favourite Movie Star Under 25 - Nominated (2011)
- Capri Ensemble Cast Award (My Week with Marilyn) - Shared with Dominic Cooper, Eddie Redmayne, Judi Dench, Julia Ormond, Zoë Wanamaker, Dougray Scott, Kenneth Branagh, Michelle Williams - Won
- People's Choice Awards - Favourite Movie Start Under 25 - Nominated (2012)
- Teen Choice Awards - Choice Summer Movie Star: Female (Deathly Hallows Part 2) - Won
- Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2012 - Favorite Female Actress (Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Nominated
- 'Noah' (2014) Ila - PG-13
- The End of the World (2013) Emma Watson - PG-13
- The Bling Ring (2013) Nicki - PG-13
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012) Sam - PG
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011) Hermione Granger - PG-13
- My Week with Marilyn (2011) Lucy - R
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010) Hermione Granger - PG
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009) Hermione Granger - PG
- The Tale of Despereaux (2008) Princess Pea - PG
- Ballet Shoes (2007) Pauline Fossil - PG
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) - PG
- The Queen's Handbag (2006) ? Not Rated
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) Hermione Granger - PG
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2003) Hermione Granger - PG
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) Hermione Granger - PG
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001) Hermione Granger - PG
- Emma Watson official website
- Emma Watson's official Twitter Account
- Emma Watson at Wikipedia
- 3D Timeline of Emma Watson at Kronomy
- Emma Watson.net (Fansite)
- I♥Watson.net (Fansite)
- Emma Watson Empire (Fansite)
- Emma Watson Online (Fansite)
- Emma Watson at coolspotters.com
- Emma Watson at The Fashion Spot.com
- Dress Like Emma.net
- Emma Watson at TriviaTribute.com
- TheHPFan (HP fansite with extensive coverage of Emma's life/events as well as other Harry Potter cast)
Notes and references
- ↑ http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#q=emma+watson's+height&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=2ec23705adf4e555&hl=en
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 IMDb biography page
- ↑ http://www.portraitmagazine.net/archives/top302008.html
- ↑ http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/emma-watson-bonnie-wright-top-30-under-30-list-58119/]
- ↑ Emma Watson Launches Ethical Fashion Line and will hit stores starting February 2010
- ↑ Emma Watson Launches Ethical Fashion Line Due out in February 2010
- ↑ http://www.portraitmagazine.net/archives/top302009.html
- ↑ http://watsonuncensored.blogspot.com/2010/03/emma-watson-in-three-sisters-play.html
- ↑ http://www.gossipcop.com/sick-emma-watson-nude-photo-faker-faces-jail/
- ↑ [http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/emma-watsons-real-twitter-account-confirmed-official-site-74549/
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Watson
- ↑ Official Website Biography
- ↑ http://emma-watson.net/images/scans/Buzz-20Nov2010-2.jpg
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 Official Website Favourites
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 Hello interview 2011
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 17.4 17.5 17.6 17.7 17.8 17.9 Bazaar Sept. 2011 Interview
- ↑ http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2032143,00.html
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 
- ↑ Harry Potter and the mystery of Hermione's curves
- ↑ http://watsonuncensored.blogspot.com/2010/11/emma-watsons-interview-photoshoot-for.html
- ↑ http://www.imnotobsessed.com/2010/03/15/emma-watson-and-jay-barrymore-break-up/
- ↑ "http://www.thehothits.com/news/16718/emma-watson-admits-she-had--crush-on-co-star-tom-felton"