At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Emily Tyler was a witch who attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. In the 1986–1987 school year, Bill Weasley fell in love with her. He asked Jacob's sibling for advice on how to pursue her, but she was not interested in dating him.
Bill Weasley thought she was very beautiful, and she impressed him in their Defence Against the Dark Arts class when she single-handedly used the Stunning Spell and defeated a group of vampire bats. Bill asked Jacob's sibling for advice, but was very nervous about approaching Emily because he had never been in love before.
Jacob's sibling eventually agreed to speak to Emily for him, and she was very surprised by the news. Emily wanted to hear everything, and when she found out that he was very shy, she called him "a prat" and put down the Weasley family by wondering who would ever date one, even if they are good-looking. Jacob's sibling was very angry, and defended Bill. When Bill found out, he eventually gave up on those feelings for her.
Emily thought she was superior to Bill and the Weasley family, and considered him "ill-mannered" and "completely delusional" if he ever thought he had a chance with dating her. He was in love with her, but she considered the news "a good laugh".
Personality and traits
Emily was a haughty and contemptuous young woman with clearly a very high opinion of herself. She scornfully looked down upon Bill Weasley and his family due to their low socio-economic status and was displeased with the idea of someone she perceived as below her being attracted to her. It can therefore be implied that she prefers to associate with individuals of high status in the Wizarding world, to satisfy her snobbish nature.
Magical abilities and skills
- Defence Against the Dark Arts: Emily was clearly highly talented in this subject, as she was very able to single-handedly defeat a group of vampire bats with the Stunning Spell, meaning she was skilled in defending herself against the Dark Arts and dark creatures.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ Emily was in the same lessons with Bill Weasley, meaning they had to be in the same year. Bill was born in November 1970, meaning Emily needed to be born between these dates to be in the same year of Bill.
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Side Quest "Bill's Secret"