Electricity is a current of energy used by Muggles to power most of their technology. Magic is known to cause interference in the operation of muggle technology powered by electricity, rendering them inoperative.
Muggle usage of electricity in their technology was part of the curriculum of the Muggle Studies class at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Chizpurfles will sometimes attack Muggle electrical items in the absence of magical items to consume.
Arthur Weasley is highly fascinated by electricity and keeps a collection of batteries and plugs.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) 
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) 
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1