|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Somewhere on British Isles, near the treacherous river.
This tree is the mythic object featured in Beedle the Bard's work, Tale of the Three Brothers. According to the tale, Death fashioned the Elder Wand from it and gave the wand to Antioch Peverell as a gift.
According to the legend, the three brothers (Antioch, Cadmus and Ignotus Peverell) were travelling out the world and one day they encountered the treacherous river that had been known to claim many of the lives of those attempting to cross it. They were wizards however so they simply pulled out their wands, conjuring a bridge out of thin air. As they began to cross however, they found a hooded figure blocking their path midway across the bridge. It was Death himself. He was very angry that three new victims had outsmarted him. Yet, he was cunning and pretended to congratulate the brothers for their magical abilities and offered each of them a gift for outwiting him. The eldest of the three brothers, Antioch, asked Death for a wand that would always win duels for him. Thus, Death went to this tree, which grew on the riverbank, fashioned a wand from it and handed it to Antioch. After that, the other brothers, Cadmus and Ignotus, asked for the Resurrection Stone and the Cloak of Invisibility.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Albus Dumbledore believed that the Elder Tree that the Elder Wand was made of is fictional as many other things depicted in Beedle the Bard's tale, since it is only a fairy tale and the true historical facts are different. He also claimed that the actual creators of the Deathly Hallows were Peverell brothers, because they were, most likely, gifted wizards and succeeded in creating the three objects.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First mentioned) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard (real)
Notes and referencesEdit