|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
In the year following the summer of 1899, during his tour of the world, Elphias Doge wrote to Albus Dumbledore of the experiments of the Egyptian alchemists , which Albus was unable to attend due to the death of his mother.
Bill Weasley worked in Egypt for several years as a Curse Breaker. Molly and Arthur Weasley visited him there during the Christmas holidays in 1992. The entire Weasley family visited him there for a month in the summer of 1993 and also toured some of the Egyptian tombs after winning the Daily Prophet Grand Prize Galleon Draw. One of the pyramids that the family toured was full of skeletons of Muggles who had broken in and had "grown extra heads and stuff."
- The Erumpent can be found in Egypt.
- The Fwooper can be found in Egypt.
- The Nundu can be found in Egypt.
- The Phoenix is native to Egypt.
- The Sphinx is native to Egypt.
Behind the scenes
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 during the Fiendfyre Frenzy scene a picture of a wizard in Egypt can be seen. He asks the player to cool him down.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Mentioned only) (Picture only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells (Mentioned only) (Picture only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Picture only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 2 (In Memoriam)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 4 (At Flourish and Blotts)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 12 (The Polyjuice Potion)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 1 (Owl Post)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 8 (The Quidditch World Cup)
- ↑ Quidditch World Cup 1990 - 2014 (Archived from Pottermore)
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Uagadou" at Pottermore