|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Egypt is an African country in north-east Africa, and is the earliest place where magic has been recorded. In its society, wizards and witches were held in high esteem. Egyptian wizards also had a tendency to place curses on tombs, which Gringotts Curse Breakers try to break. The capital of Egypt is Cairo. The Nile River runs through here. Egypt is most famous for its three magnificent pyramids, one of which nearly got Percy Weasley as a permanent resident (courtesy of his brothers) had his mother not intervened.
Egyptian witches and wizards have the option to attend Uagadou School of Magic.
Bill Weasley worked in Egypt as a Curse Breaker before taking a desk job in England. The Weasley family visited him there and also toured some of the Egyptian tombs. One of the pyramids that the family toured was full of skeletons of Muggles who had broken in and had "grown extra heads and stuff."
Hassan Mostafa is from Egypt.
- The Erumpent can be found in Egypt.
- The Fwooper can be found in Egypt.
- The Nundu can be found in Egypt.
- The Phoenix is native to Egypt.
- The Sphinx is native to Egypt.
Behind the scenes
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 during the Fiendfyre Frenzy scene a picture of a wizard in Egypt can be seen. He asks the player to cool him down.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Mentioned only) (Picture only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells (Mentioned only) (Picture only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Picture only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)