At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Harry, your eyesight really is awful."
The title of this article is transcribed from an image. Due to several factors, including poor image quality and difficult-to-read fonts/handwriting, it may have been transcribed incorrectly. If you have a higher quality version of the source image, or a more accurate reading of the text, please visit this article's talk page.
Eglantine Lestrange (née Lestrange) was a witch and a member of the pure-blood Lestrange family. She was the daughter of Falco Lestrange and Salomé Lestrange. She married his cousin Corvus Lestrange and had a son with him, Corvus, through whom she was the grandmother of Leta Lestrange and Credence Barebone.
Behind the scenes
- Unlike all other spouses included in the family tree (Heloise Beaufort, Minette Rosier, Laurena Kama, and Clarisse Tremblay), Eglantine is depicted with the Lestrange surname. This might signify a case of inbreeding, since this was reported as a practise of the Lestrange family.
- A family tree released later reveals that Eglantine and Corvus (III) were first cousins, as their fathers (Falco and Corvus (II), respectively) were brothers.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Name appears on family tree)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Lestrange family tree (see this image)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (see this image)
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "The Malfoy Family" at Pottermore - "The family has, however, eschewed the somewhat dangerous practise of inter-marrying within such a small pool of pure-bloods that they become enfeebled or unstable, unlike a small minority of fanatic families such as the Gaunts and Lestranges"