It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, be expanded. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by expanding this article to give more complete coverage of its subject.
An egg is a shelled container from which the offspring of several different types of an animals can hatch. It is laid by the female of the species. Eggs laid by chickens are the type most often consumed by humans. At the microscopic level, eggs also play a part in reproduction.
In 1997, during the Horcrux hunt, Hermione Granger took some eggs and bread from a farmhouse to help satisfy the hunger of herself, Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley, leaving behind Muggle money as compensation.
Types of eggs
Behind the scenes
- There was a wizarding author named Mordicus Egg.
- Marjorie Dursley once described Lily Potter as a "bad egg," an idiom for a member of a family or other group that turned out badly.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- J.K. Rowling's Official Site
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter Limited Edition
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 3 - (The Letters from No One)
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department (see this image)
- ↑ Pottermore introduction for Ravenclaws (transcription available here)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Chapter 2 (Aunt Marge's Big Mistake)