- Umbridge: "And what are you going to do with [Trelawney] once I appoint a new Divination teacher who needs her lodgings?"
- Dumbledore: "Oh, that won't be a problem. You see, I have already found us a new Divination teacher, and he will prefer lodgings on the ground floor."
- Umbridge: "You've found—? You've found? Might I remind you, Dumbledore, that under Educational Decree Number Twenty-Two—"
- Dumbledore: "The Ministry has the right to appoint a suitable candidate if — and only if — the Headmaster is unable to find one. And I am happy to say that on this occasion I have succeeded. May I introduce you? This is Firenze. I think you'll find him suitable."
- — Dolores Umbridge and Albus Dumbledore upon Sybill Trelawney's sacking[src]
The Educational Decree Number Twenty-Two was one of the Educational Decrees created by Cornelius Fudge. It was passed shortly before the start of the 1995–1996 school year, on August 30 1995.  It established that in the event of the Headmaster being unable to provide a candidate for a teaching post, the Ministry of Magic had power to appoint an appropriate person. 
- "This is not the first time in recent weeks that the Minister, Cornelius Fudge, has used new laws to effect improvements at the wizarding school. As recently as August 30th, Educational Decree Number Twenty-Two was passed, to ensure that, in the event of the current Headmaster being unable to provide a candidate for a teaching post, the Ministry should select an appropriate person. ‘That's how Dolores Umbridge came to be appointed to the teaching staff at Hogwarts,’ said Weasley last night. ‘Dumbledore couldn't find anyone so the Minister put in Umbridge, and of course, she's been an immediate success —"
- —Daily Prophet.[src]
The Educational Decree Number Twenty-Two was passed by Minister Cornelius Fudge in order to appoint his Senior Undersecretary, Dolores Jane Umbridge to the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, in order to install Umbridge to work as a spy against Albus Dumbledore, who was being discredited by the Ministry following Voldemort's return. 
The decree was abolished after Dolores Umbridge's suspension from her post of High Inquisitor and Albus Dumbledore return to his post of Headmaster following the Battle of the Department of Mysteries, in the summer of 1996.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)