|Educational Decree Number Twenty-Eight|
- "Dolores Jane Umbridge (High Inquisitor) has replaced Albus Dumbledore as the Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."
- —The Decree[src]
The Educational Decree Number Twenty-Eight was the last Educational Decree passed by Cornelius Fudge in his capacity of Minister for Magic, on 21 April, 1996. This Decree made Dolores Umbridge Headmistress of Hogwarts School. 
As the Dumbledore's Army was discovered by Dolores Umbridge (then-Hogwarts High Inquisitor) and the Inquisitorial Squad to be violating the Educational Decree Number Twenty-Four on 20 April, 1996, Albus Dumbledore voluntarily took the responsibility for the group's activities in order to protect them and their leader, Harry Potter. Minister for Magic Fudge, then tried to put Dumbledore in Azkaban to await trial for conspiracy and treason, but Dumbledore flew from Hogwarts and technically deserted the post of Headmaster. 
The morning after Dumbledore's escape, Cornelius Fudge passed the Educational Decree Number Twenty-Eight, making Dolores Umbridge the Headmistress of Hogwarts.  Also, since the Headmaster's office didn't accept Dolores Umbridge at the time, the Defence Against the Dark Arts professor's office became the Headmaster's office.
The decree was abolished after Dolores Umbridge's suspension from her post of High Inquisitor and Albus Dumbledore's return to his post as Headmaster following the Battle of the Department of Mysteries, in June of 1996.
Behind the scenes
- This decree is Educational Decree Number One-Hundred and Nineteen in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, as in this film adaptation the Ministry passed many more Educational Decrees than in the novels.
- In the film adaption this decree doesn't say that Umbridge is High Inquisitor.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)