|This article is non-canon.
This article covers a subject that has been deemed non-canon by either the author or the Harry Potter licensees, and thus should not be taken as a part of the "real" Harry Potter universe.
- "Students must consent to have their post checked for illegal contraband."
- —The Decree.[src]
The Educational Decree Number Forty-Seven was one of the Educational Decrees created by Dolores Umbridge, then-Hogwarts High Inquisitor. This Educational Decree required students to consent to their post being inspected for illegal contraband.
Behind the scenes
- As the numbering for this Educational Decree is not consistent with the numbering established in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, it cannot be considered canonical. Furthermore, in the novel, Umbridge had her Inquisitorial Squad open and inspect all owl post without any "request" for student consent.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition
- Harry Potter Limited Edition