|This article is non-canon.
This article covers a subject that has been deemed non-canon by either the author or the Harry Potter licensees, and thus should not be taken as a part of the "real" Harry Potter universe.
- "Students may not discuss the upsetting events of last year. Anyone found doing so will be punished."
- —The Decree.[src]
The Educational Decree Number Forty-Nine was one of the Educational Decree created by Dolores Umbridge, then-Hogwarts High Inquisitor. This Educational Decree forbade the students of discussing the "upsetting events" of the previous school year
Behind the scenes
- As the numbering for this Educational Decree is not consistent with the numbering established in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, it cannot be considered canonical.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- The Making of Harry Potter