|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains of a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
|This article is non-canon.
This article covers a subject that has been deemed non-canon by either the author or the Harry Potter licensees, and thus should not be taken as a part of the "real" Harry Potter universe.
- "All Quidditch matches are hereby cancelled. Broomsticks will be turned in to the High Inquisitor for safe keeping."
- —The Decree[src]
The Educational Decree Number Forty-Nine was one of the Educational Decrees created by Dolores Umbridge, then-Hogwarts High Inquisitor. This Educational Decree cancelled Quidditch matches and forced students to hand their broomsticks in to the High Inquisitor.
Behind the scenes
- As the numbering for this Educational Decree is not consistent with the numbering established, nor is it consistent with the events featured in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, it cannot be considered canonical.
- This Decree explains why Quidditch matches are cut from the film altogether.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter Limited Edition
- Harry Potter Film Wizardry