Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ectoplasm is a green substance left behind from some ghosts and other spirits that is typically used to obstruct a path. It is very sticky, (the approximate consistency of consrtuction glue) and can harm a human if they come into contact with it. This substance can be cleaned with either a tin of Mrs Skower's All-Purpose Magical Mess Remover, or the Skurge Scouring Charm which is learnt in second year Charms.
Behind the scenes
- The Toad, a ghost appearing in the earliest drafts for Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, left ectoplasm all over its classroom.
- The early stages of the making of video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, included plans for an ectoplasm-creating spell.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)