At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Ectoplasm is a green substance left behind from some ghosts and other spirits that is typically used to obstruct a path. It is very sticky, (the approximate consistency of construction glue) and can harm a human if they come into contact with it. This substance can be cleaned with either a tin of Mrs Skower's All-Purpose Magical Mess Remover, or the Skurge Scouring Charm which is learnt in second year Charms.
Behind the scenes
- The Toad, a ghost appearing in the earliest drafts for Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, left ectoplasm all over its classroom.
- The early stages of the making of video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, included plans for an ectoplasm-creating spell.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)