A Dwarf is a short, stocky humanoid creature; little is known about them. On Valentine's Day in 1993, Hogwarts professor Gilderoy Lockhart, had a whole squad of Dwarves dressed up as cupids deliver singing valentines around the school, one of which was delivered to Harry Potter from Ginevra Weasley. In 1993 Harry also spotted a few raucous dwarves in the Leaky Cauldron.
Behind the scenes
- In the folklore of Germany and Scandinavia, dwarves are a race of small supernatural beings who are known to be good with the axe and usually use axes to guard magnificent treasures buried deep inside the earth for who ever is ruling over them, usually a queen. They usually look like small men with large heads, wizened faces, wearing animal (usually a sort of goat) masks, long grey beards, weapons as big as themselves, and misshapen legs and feet.
- In the Danish version of the fifth game Dwarf is used by Ronald Weasley as an insult, in the original version Ron just says 'midget'; which in fact could be a reference to same thing, since the Danish word Dværg gets translated into midget and dwarf.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Insulting nickname (only Danish version))