|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
1994 or earlier
The Durmstrang ship was a magical ship used by the Durmstrang Institute to reach Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for the 1994 Triwizard Tournament. The ship can travel underwater, though, in practice, the students steered while Headmaster Igor Karkaroff stayed in his cabin, and probably capable of invoking a magical means of traveling from one large body of water to another. The ship has a strange, skeletal look. During their stay at Hogwarts, the ship was anchored in the Black Lake in front of Hogwarts Castle. The Durmstrang students and Karkaroff slept in the ship at night. At the end of the Tournament, the Durmstrang students boarded their ship and sailed back to Durmstrang. In 1994, Viktor Krum was seen diving off the ship and into the lake by Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley.
Behind the scenes
- A LEGO model of the ship was produced for the LEGO Harry Potter sets.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, if all Gold Bricks are collected in Year 4 then one can build the ship for that year in the Leaky Cauldron's Basement.
- The Durmstrang ship seen in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) was a scale model, built to rock back and forth like a real ship, pumping water as it rises to the lake's surface.
- It is similar to the Flying Dutchman , Davy Jones ' ship from the second and third Pirates of the Carribean films because it can act as a submarine and that it is affiliated with evil. (Durmstrang is the school of Gellert Grindelwald and Davy Jones is the main antagonist of the second film and the secondary of the third)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (Seen on Game Cover)
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter LEGO Sets