The Dumbledores originally lived in Mould-on-the-Wold, but moved to Godric's Hollow after Percival Dumbledore was sent to Azkaban for attacking Muggles; he did not inform the authorities that his actions were in retaliation for the Muggles' traumatising attack on his daughter, Ariana. The Dumbledores were the subject of much gossip, since Ariana was rarely seen, and a fist fight broke out at her funeral between her older brothers.
However, Albus Dumbledore soon became famous for his many accomplishments, including discovering the twelve uses of dragon's blood, defeating the Dark Wizard Gellert Grindelwald, and eventually becoming Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and leading the Order of the Phoenix.
- Aberforth Dumbledore — barman of the Hog's Head and member of the Order of the Phoenix
- Albus Dumbledore — Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and founder of the Order of the Phoenix
- Ariana Dumbledore — a witch who could not control her magic after being attacked by Muggles; killed in a three-way duel between her brothers and Gellert Grindelwald
- Kendra Dumbledore — a Muggle-born witch who was killed in an accidental magical explosion caused by Ariana.
- Percival Dumbledore — a wizard who was sent to Azkaban for attacking the Muggles who attacked his daughter
Dumbledore family tree
Behind the scenes
- Honoria is Albus Dumbledore's unmarried aunt. Her relationship to the family is unknown.
- Jany Temime has claimed that the Dumbledores are Scottish.
- The description of Kendra is that she looks Native American, which might mean the Dumbledores are of Native American heritage.
- The real-world Dumbledore family name can be traced back to Gloucestershire, England around the early 13th century.