|This article is non-canon.
This article covers a subject that has been deemed non-canon by either the author or the Harry Potter licensees, and thus should not be taken as a part of the "real" Harry Potter universe.
|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- Amycus Carrow: "Think you're brave coming here, do yah?"
- Alecto Carrow: "Stupid is more like it."
- — The duel starts[src]
This duel took place on 1 May, 1998 in the Great Hall of Hogwarts Castle, and was fought between Harry Potter and Alecto and Amycus Carrow. The two Death Eaters were defeated by Harry, prompting Minerva McGonagall to come forward and start a duel with Headmaster Snape.
Spontaneous assembly at the Great Hall
- Severus Snape: "It has come to my attention that Harry Potter was sighted at Hogsmeade. We have employed defensive strategies to make sure that Harry Potter will never again set foot in Hogwarts."
- Harry Potter: "It would seem that you have a security problem. And I'm afraid it's rather extensive, 'Headmaster'. How dare you stand were Dumbledore stood? Tell them, how you looked him in the eye… and killed him. Tell them!"
- — Harry interrupts Severus Snape during the spontaneous assembly at the Great Hall[src]
Headmaster Severus Snape summoned all students and staff to a spontaneous assembly after Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger were sighted in Hogsmeade in the evening of 1 May, 1998. During the meeting, all attendees were warned that Snape was aware of this and that the school, under Death Eater control, had employed defensive strategies to prevent Harry from getting inside the school.
The assembly was interrupted by Harry, who had entered the school via the secret passage between the Hog's Head Inn and the Room of Requirement, concealed behind a portrait of Ariana Dumbledore. Harry bursted into the Hall, loudly saying that, his evidence being himself standing there, the school had a very extensive security problem. He then accused him of killing Albus Dumbledore, late Headmaster of Hogwarts, and remarked on his presumptuousness for taking the post Dumbledore himself had held.
- Amycus: "Alecto, talk to the boy."
- Alecto: "He needs to be punished. Amycus, teach him some respect!"
- Amycus: "My pleasure."
- Harry: "Ha… Respect?"
- — Alecto and Amycus to Harry, whilst fighting[src]
Alecto and Amycus stepped forward towards Harry. Professor Minerva McGonagall conjured a massive Shield Charm, protecting the entire student body by the great gilded double doors, as spells started to fly across the Hall.
Behind the scenes
- Alecto: "I think we should take points from Gryffindor, what do you think, Amycus?"
- Amycus: "Thirty points ought to do it."
- — About house points[src]
- The events surrounding this duel cannot be considered canon, as they directly contradict the events as described in the novel and, even, what is shown in the film adaptation.
- It is interesting to note that during the battle Alecto wants to dock House points from Gryffindor and Amycus responds that thirty points should do it, despite the fact that the Gryffindor hourglass is actually empty.
- In the LEGO game Minerva McGonagall helps defeating the Carrows. This is done to make it more co-op friendly.