It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, be expanded. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by expanding this article to give more complete coverage of its subject.
|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains of a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
Dress robes are a formal variety of robes worn by witches and wizards for special occasions. They were similar in style to regular work robes, just differing in colour. In the 1994–1995 school year, students of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry were required to bring dress robes in addition to their normal uniforms and equipment. This was due to the fact that the school was hosting the Triwizard Tournament that year, which included the Yule Ball in December. Members of the Slug Club also appeared to be wearing dress robes when they attended the Slug Club Christmas party two years later. They are more expensive to purchase than ordinary robes. Dress robes were worn to the Funeral of Albus Dumbledore. Those who attended the Wedding of Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour also wore dress robes as they would have for any wizarding wedding, party, or other special event.
Harry said that the only real difference between dress robes and regular robes was the colour.
Behind the Scenes
- In the films, men's dress robes can be compared to tuxedos and fancy suits, as they serve the same purpose, to be worn at highly formal events. Ladies' dress robes are for all intents and purposes equivalent to Muggle dresses or gowns.
Hogwarts students' dress robes
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1