It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, be expanded. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by expanding this article to give more complete coverage of its subject.
- Ron Weasley: "I never remember my dreams, you say one!"
- Harry Potter: "You must remember one of them."
- Ron Weasley: "Well, I dreamed I was playing Quidditch the other night. What d'you reckon that means?"
- Harry Potter: "Probably that you're going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or something."
- — Harry and Ron in Divination class 1995.[src]
Dream interpretation is a method of Divination that involves analysing dreams. It is covered at Hogwarts in the fifth year Divination class and was most likely part of O.W.L. teachings. The textbook for this subject was The Dream Oracle by Inigo Imago. Professor Sybill Trelawney considered dream interpretation to be "a most important means of divining the future." However, Harry Potter didn't seem to think it was particularly useful, as he usually made up dreams in the classes and also thought dream interpretation couldn't tell him what his dreams meant. Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown, on the other hand, appeared to consider this particular subject very useful, and were seen discussing their dreams very seriously in the first class they had on this subject. This is not surprising, though, as Divination is their favourite class and they are usually the most diligent students in it.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (deleted scenes)
|Professors: Sybill Trelawney · Firenze|
|Known Seers: Calchas · Cassandra Vablatsky · Cassandra Trelawney · Inigo Imago · Mopsus · Professor Mopsus · Unidentified female Seer · Unidentified male Seer|
|Textbooks: The Dream Oracle · Unfogging the Future|
|Methods: Astrology · Cartomancy · Tarot cards · Crystal-gazing · Crystal ball · Dream interpretation · Fire-omens · Heptomology · Palmistry · Ornithomancy · Tessomancy|
|Divination at Hogwarts: Divination (class) · Divination Classroom · Divination staircase · Sybill Trelawney's office · Classroom 11|