- "The Leaky Cauldron. If you have pea soup, make sure you eat it before it eats you."
- —Dre Head responds to Stan Shunpike telling him Harry's destination[src]
Dre Head was a Shrunken Head. It had a Jamaican accent, and long dreadlocks. Dre Head was used as an accessory on the Knight Bus in August 1993. It spoke with passengers and frequently warned the driver, Ernie Prang, about obstacles, and hazards like "Ernie! Little old lady at 12 o'clock!" It liked to say jokes like "Mind your head" or "Hey, guys? Guys? Why the long faces?".He messes up his counting. He once said "5 ,4, 3, 3 1/2, 2".
- Dre is a diminutive of Andre, itself a variation of the name Andrew. The name derives from the Greek Ανδρέας, meaning "manly". not being Mr perfect , I just happen to catch it.
Behind the scenes
- Dre Head was voiced by Lenny Henry in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- One of the special features on disc 2 of the Prisoner of Azkaban DVD was a set of cast interviews conducted by British broadcaster Johnny Vaughn and Dre Head. In these interviews, Dre showed awareness that the Harry Potter films were works of fiction, asking on several occasions if he could play a major character in later films. Despite this, he was afraid of the actors playing the Dursley family, seeming unwilling to accept that it was merely their actors rather than the actual Dursleys.
- Dre Head counts "10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 3½... 2... 1¾... YES!" This is incorrect, as 3½ would come before 3.
- On the DVD main menu, Dre Head is entirely animated rather than just animating the mouth.
- He bears a slight resemblance to one of the Shrunken heads in the Three Broomsticks.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World (Appears in storyboard sketches of LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter