Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dragon meat is a piece of a dragon's flesh, and it is bloody and green-tinged in appearance. It is put on cuts and bruises for easing the pain of the injuries. Though it is unknown if raw dragon meat is safe for eating, it can be used to prepare dragon tartare, which gives the eater bad breath. It tastes comparable to pheasant, according to Neville Longbottom.
When Hagrid returned from his trip to the giants with many injuries (actually acquired from his half-brother Grawp), he put a bloody, green-tinged, dragon meat steak slightly larger than an average car tire on his face as it helped the stinging. When the steak fell onto the floor and Fang drooled all over it, Hagrid picked it up and placed it back onto his face, ignoring Hermione Granger's protest of how unhygienic it was. After Dolores Umbridge's visit and departure, Hagrid fed the meat to Fang.
- In the book dragon meat is large and green while in the films it resembles a regular steak.
- The price of dragon meat is unknown but given the comparative rarity of dragons it would be considered rather expensive. In spite of this Hagrid was able to buy a piece the size of a car tire and was willing to feed it to Fang.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault (mentioned only)