- "The liver from these magical, fire-breathing beasts can be used in potions."
Behind the scenes
- The price in the old version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was claimed to be seventeen Sickles, but this was changed because seventeen Sickles is equal to one Galleon, so it would be like saying "One hundred pence or one hundred cents."
- In Pottermore, dragon liver instead costs 3 Galleons. However, it is possible that the jar you buy contains more than a single ounce of liver.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery