Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Tried and tested tips to help you breed dragons, including the old-time favourite of brandy and chicken blood every half hour for newly-hatched chicks."
Rubeus Hagrid borrowed a copy of this book from the Hogwarts Library in 1992 so that he could learn how to care for a dragon egg he had acquired. According to him, the book was outdated, but still contained useful information, such as to keep the egg in a fireplace because the mother dragon would normally breathe fire on them, and that, once hatched, the baby dragon should be fed a bucket of brandy mixed with chicken blood on a half-hour basis.
Further topics covered in the book included "Dragons of the World", "Essential Equipment", "Recognising Dragon Eggs (and where to look for them)" and an "A-Z of Ailments".
First sparks, usually accompanied by thick grey smoke, appear at around six months. However, the ability to fly is normally developed later, at around twelve months and your dragon will not be fully mature until he is two years old. Your dragon requires a lot of care during these first few months.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Unnamed)
- J.K. Rowling's Official Site (Scrapbook)
- Harry Potter Film Wizardry (Revised and Expanded - Page 34)