Dragon-hide gloves (or dragon skin gloves) protect the wearer from incidents such as burning.
During a lesson in which Rubeus Hagrid had his fourth year Care of Magical Creatures students take the Blast-Ended Skrewts for a walk in 1994, he advised that they might to put on their dragon-hide gloves as an added precaution. They are required by fifth years in 1995 for Care of Magical Creatures class at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Behind the scenes
- In a deleted scene from the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Harry Potter asks Rubeus Hagrid if they mean from real dragons.
- In Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Game Boy Color version), a pair of gloves were a requirement for first year students. Because of the requirement to purchase this item, it cannot be sold by the player.
- Strength: +2
- Agility: +2
- Magic Strength: +1
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Disc 2)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells