To protect the wearer's hands
Dragon-hide gloves (or dragon skin gloves) protect the wearer from incidents such as burning. These were on the list of requirements for first year students. During a lesson in which Rubeus Hagrid had his fourth year Care of Magical Creatures students take the Blast-Ended Skrewts for a walk in 1994, he advised that they might to put on their dragon-hide gloves as an added precaution. They are required by fifth years in 1995 for Care of Magical Creatures class at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In a deleted scene from the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Harry Potter asks Rubeus Hagrid if they mean from real dragons.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Disc 2)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells