Slash wand at target
The Draconifors Spell (Draconifors) is a Transfiguration spell used to transform small objects into Dragons, which can then be controlled by the caster. The dragons produced from this spell are much smaller and less powerful than true dragons, and their size depends on the object from which they are transfigured- i.e., a smaller object will produce a smaller dragon, and a larger object will produce a larger dragon.. It is taught in third year transfiguration class by Professor Minerva McGonagall.
- Cuthbert Binns
- Hermione Granger-Used this spell during her Third year transfiguration class, transforming several small Dragon Statues into living dragons in order to complete the various tasks assigned by her teacher.
- Minerva McGonagall-Taught Hermione Granger this spell, and so was very proficient in it.
Behind the scenes
- There exists a spellbook with information about this spell and how to cast it.
- It is unknown if conjured objects would suffice for this spell to be effective in its transformation, though it is possible.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance)
Notes and references
|Professors: Albus Dumbledore · Minerva McGonagall|
|Textbooks: A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration · Intermediate Transfiguration · A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration|
|Known practitioners: Emeric Switch · Circe · Falco Aesalon · Mirabella Plunkett · Thaddeus Thurkell ·|
|Transfiguration spells studied at Hogwarts: Chair to cat · Match to needle · Snail to Teapot · Teacup to Rat · Switching Spell · Transforming Spell · Avifors Spell · Mice to Snuffboxes · Beetle Buttons · Rabbit Slippers · Vera Verto · Teapot to tortoise · Draconifors Spell · Lapifors Spell · Vanishing Spell · Owl to opera glasses · Guinea fowl to guinea pig · Hedgehog to pincushion · Small Child to Rat · Meddling Man to Monkey · Crinus Muto|
|Branches of Transfiguration: Transformation · Vanishment · Conjuration · Untransfiguration|