Dr Filibuster's Fabulous Wet-Start, No-Heat Fireworks are magical fireworks that are presumably set off when wettened.
- Fred and George Weasley and Lee Jordan bought some at Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop in 1992. Fred and George later put on a display of them on the evening of 31 August of that year.
- Harry Potter later borrowed a firework from Fred and used it to explode Gregory Goyle's cauldron in Potions class. This created a distraction that allowed Hermione Granger to slip out of the room to get the boomslang skin that she required.
- On the way to Hogwarts in 1994, Fred's trunk fell open, setting off a number of the Filibuster fireworks he'd packed. The Muggle taxi driver who was carrying the trunk was alarmed by the incident.
- On 24 November of that year, following the first task of the Triwizard Tournament, Lee Jordan let off some of these during a surprise party to celebrate Harry's having gotten past the Hungarian Horntail.
- In 1995 Fred and George Weasley were seen in the Viaduct Courtyard playing with a spark from the fireworks by throwing it into the air and catching it. A crowd of students watched this. It was however interrupted by Dolores Umbridge who pointed her wand and summoned it.
- In 1996 some sparks from these fireworks exploded and fizzled around in the shop Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.
Behind the scenes
- James and Oliver Phelps attempted to set off a huge real world version of a Filbuster firework (see image at left) at the grand opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The firework did not go off. A few seconds after the device appeared to fail, however, a huge shower of fireworks went up into the sky in a section of the park close by.
- Since the new Diagon Alley expansion was added to the theme park, Dr Filibuster's Fireworks shop can now be seen as well.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (One spark only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Sparks only)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter