- "A potion of prodigious power, to repulse the vile Doxy. Students of my work may wonder why I chose to devote my genius to deterring these fairy-like nuisances. Suffice it to say that even hermits suffer from household pests. Hence I created this, a full-bodied venomous mixture, yet well-rounded."
- —Zygmunt Budge, Book of Potions[src]
Doxycide is a black-coloured foul smelling solution used to spray Doxies. It paralyses them for a period of time, allowing the user to safely remove the Doxies without fear of being bitten. The recipe can be found in Book of Potions.
- Juice the Bundimun. Add the Bundimun acid to the cauldron and stir quickly.
- Grind the Streeler shells and add to cauldron.
- Stir the potion then heat.
- Add chopped dragon liver and stir vigorously.
- Add a dash of hemlock essence and stir again.
- Add a glug of cowbane essence and a dash of tormentil tincture.
- Stir slowly then heat the cauldron.
- Wave your wand over the cauldron to finish the potion.
Zygmunt Budge developed a recipe for Doxycide to deal with the swarms of Doxys that inhabited Hermetray during autumn. His first attempt, rather than repelling the Doxys, made them red-hot and fiery, thus setting fire to both Budge's house and the island itself. Budge was forced to spend that night in the sea, breathing through a hollow stick. Budge perfected his Doxycide the following autumn, killing the entire swarm and allowing him to sweep their corpses into the sea.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)
- Wonderbook: Book of Potions