A doughnut is a sweet, deep-fried piece of dough or batter. The two most common types are the torus-shaped ring doughnut and the filled doughnut, a flattened sphere injected with jam, jelly, cream, custard, or other sweet fillings.
On 1 November 1981, Vernon Dursley purchased one for his lunch at the bakery across the street from Grunnings. Jam doughnuts were served at Hogwarts during the Welcoming Feast and the Hallowe'en feast in 1991.
Jam doughnuts were served during the impromptu feast held on 29 May, 1993 and continuing on into the morning hours of 30 May to celebrate the revival of those petrified by the Serpent of Slytherin in the plot to open the Chamber of Secrets.
In an attempt to cheat on his Smeltings-imposed diet, Dudley Dursley sneaked doughnuts into his bedroom in August of 1994. However, he was caught by his mother, who threatened to cut his pocket money if he failed to stick to the diet.
- Doughnut on Wikipedia
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Doughnut at Wikipedia
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter 1 (The Boy Who Lived)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter 7 (The Sorting Hat)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) - Chapter 18 (The Troll)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 18 - (Dobby's Reward)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 2 (The Scar)