A doughnut is a sweet, deep-fried piece of dough or batter. The two most common types are the torus-shaped ring doughnut and the filled doughnut, a flattened sphere injected with jam, jelly, cream, custard, or other sweet fillings.
On 1 November 1981, Vernon Dursley purchased one for his lunch at the bakery across the street from Grunnings. Jam doughnuts were served at Hogwarts during the Welcoming Feast and the Hallowe'en feast in 1991.
Jam doughnuts were served during the impromptu feast held on 29 May, 1993 and continuing on into the morning hours of 30 May to celebrate the revival of those petrified by the Serpent of Slytherin in the plot to open the Chamber of Secrets.
- Doughnut on Wikipedia
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Doughnut at Wikipedia
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter 1 (The Boy Who Lived)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter 7 (The Sorting Hat)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) - Chapter 18 (The Troll)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 18 - (Dobby's Reward)