Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "I seal my office with a spell none but a wizard could break!"
Severus Snape cast this spell on his office at Hogwarts Castle. He suspected, incorrectly, that Harry Potter, a fourth year student at the time, had broken it to steal potion ingredients, when, in reality, Barty Crouch Jr. (under the guise of Alastor Moody) had broken the seal in order to steal Boomslang skin from Snape's personal stores, so he could keep making Polyjuice Potion.
Behind the scenes
- The seal is seen in the GBA video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. In the game, the Headmaster's office is locked by a similar spell, instead of being concealed by a ugly stone gargoyle.
- This may be related to the floating eye curse, a spell that seals doors using a floating eye, and can only be broken by a wizard. It might also be related to the parchment-sealing spell.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)