The name "Dominic" is from the Late Latin name Dominicus meaning "of the Lord". This name was traditionally given to a child born on Sunday. Several saints have borne this name, including the 13th-century founder of the Dominican order of friars. It was in this saint's honour that the name was first used in England, starting around the 13th century. It is primarily used by Catholics.
Behind the scenes
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, the character uses the same model as Albus Dumbledore.
- Also in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, Draco Malfoy assaults this man in 1993, using a large snowman that produced snowballs.
- The name of this character is presumably a tribute to Dominic Masters, who worked as an assistant art director on the first three Harry Potter films.
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (First appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Mentioned only)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Mentioned only)