A doctor is a Muggle profession dedicated to treating injuries and illnesses, and in maintaining human health, similar to the wizarding world's Healers. Many wizards and witches consider the methods used by muggle doctors to be primitive, but some, such as Arthur Weasley and Augustus Pye, showed interest in their techniques.
A team of doctors examined the bodies of the slain Riddle family following their death by the Killing Curse at the hands of Lord Voldemort, but were unable to explain what had happened because the curse leaves no visible mark, nor any other evidence that would provide an explanation to a Muggle physician.
When Albus Dumbledore first met Tom Riddle at Wool's Orphanage to tell him about Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Tom originally believed Dumbledore to be a doctor, specifically from some sort of psychiatric hospital, sent by Mrs. Cole to take him away.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Mentioned only)