Celestina Warbeck married one of her backing dancers early in her career. She divorced him after only a year. Some time later, she married her manager, and they had a son together. However, after ten years of marriage, Warbeck divorced him in order to marry Irving Warble, a music composer.
Orford Umbridge and Ellen Cracknell had an unhappy marriage which apparently ended in divorce. After the breakdown of their relationship, their family "split down the middle," with Orford, a wizard, taking the couple's magical daughter, Dolores, and Ellen, a Muggle, taking the couple's Squib son.
In 1995, a famous actress and her famous husband got divorced, an event that was reported on the seven o'clock news in the United Kingdom. Petunia Dursley expressed objection to the news programme's decision to cover the story, remarking that no one was "interested in [the couple's] sordid affairs," despite the fact that she had been obsessively following the couple's relationship in magazines.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ "Divorce" on OxfordDictionaries.com
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Pottermore - Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Celestina Warbeck"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Pottermore - Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Dolores Umbridge"
- ↑ "Sybill Trewlawney" on Pottermore (see archived quote here)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 1 (Dudley Demented)