The Divination Stairwell is one of the largest staircases in Hogwarts Castle. It is located on the seventh-floor at the top of the North Tower. At the top of the staircase is the step ladder which leads to the Divination Classroom and Divination Professor's office.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The scenes in this staircase were filmed in St. Paul's Cathedral, Ludgate Hill, London, England, UK. The set used for this staircase was later used for the Defence Against the Dark Arts staircase in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- This staircase is located on the seventh floor corridor leading off from the Grand Staircase in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This means it is located in one of the two other towers surrounding The Quad (excluding the Gryffindor Tower). Hence, it is presumed that one of these represents the North Tower.
- However, it is omitted in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and seems to be replaced by Horace Slughorn's Staircase.
- In the books the classroom is accessed via step ladder and trapdoor.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
Notes and referencesEdit
|Professors: Sybill Trelawney · Firenze|
|Known Seers: Calchas · Cassandra Vablatsky · Cassandra Trelawney · Inigo Imago · Mopsus · Professor Mopsus · Unidentified female Seer · Unidentified male Seer|
|Textbooks: The Dream Oracle · Unfogging the Future|
|Methods: Astrology · Cartomancy · Tarot cards · Crystal-gazing · Crystal ball · Dream interpretation · Fire-omens · Heptomology · Palmistry · Ornithomancy · Tessomancy|
|Divination at Hogwarts: Divination (class) · Divination Classroom · Divination staircase · Sybill Trelawney's office · Classroom 11|