- "At once, the statue's hump opened wide enough to admit a fairly thin person."
Dissendium was a charm that revealed hidden passageways.
There are various theories put forth in regards to the etymology of Dissendium.
Behind the scenes
- While initially this appears to be a simple password for the statue, it was used in other media in attempts to open lockets, out of frustration.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4