- "At once, the statue's hump opened wide enough to admit a fairly thin person."
Dissendium was a charm that revealed hidden passageways.
There are various theories put forth in regards to the etymology of Dissendium.
Behind the scenes
- While initially this appears to be a simple password for the statue, it was used in other media in attempts to open lockets, out of frustration.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Seeing how he knew of the passage and where it led, it is more than likely he used it. And as one had to perform this spell, to use it, he thus used the spell.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Chapter Fourteen - Snape's Grudge)
- ↑ Hermione retrieved Harry's cloak from beneath the One-Eyed Witch; she needed to have cast Dissendium to open the passage