|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Luna Lovegood owns a pair of Dirigible plum-shaped earrings. When Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger visited the Lovegoods' house in 1998, Harry noticed a bush covered in exceptionally strange and orange, radish-like fruit called Dirigible plums—by the tree, there is a sign saying "keep off the dirigible plums", and notes their striking resemblance to Luna's earrings. In 1995, when Harry was being persecuted by the Ministry of Magic, Luna expressed her belief in Harry while she was wearing these earrings. Harry privately wished that people who believed in him weren't also inclined to wear such strange and incredibly ridiculous things. When Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown laugh at them, she thinks that they are laughing at her believing in Harry.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Evanna Lynch, who portrays Luna, personally crafted the beaded radish earrings that she wears in the film. Similarly made earrings and other jewellery has subsequently been available for purchase by people in online stores.
- Xenophilius Lovegood claims that the earrings enhances the wisdom of their wearers, but this is not currently proven.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Seen on extra feature on Disc 2)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault (mentioned only)