Some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and, as such, spoilers will be present.
Amos Diggory worked for the Ministry of Magic in the 1990s. He and his wife had a son, Cedric Diggory, in either 1977. Amos was incredibly proud of Cedric and often spoke highly of his accomplishments.
Cedric attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in Hufflepuff House from 1988. He was Captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team from 1993. In 1994, Cedric entered the Triwizard Tournament and was picked by the Goblet of Fire to represent Hogwarts alongside Harry Potter. He did very well in the tournament and was a high contender to win by the final task. Cedric did find the cup and agreed to share victory with Harry, but the cup took them elsewhere instead of back to Hogwarts, and Cedric was killed.
Cedric's memory motivated a lot of fellow students throughout the next few years, particularly Harry who remembered him highly.
- Amos Diggory — a Ministry of Magic employee in the 1990s
- Cedric Diggory — a Hufflepuff student and Triwizard Champion who was killed by Peter Pettigrew in 1995
- Eldritch Diggory — Minister for Magic from 1733 to 1747. Died in office from a case of Dragon Pox.
- Mrs Diggory — Amos's wife and Cedric's mother
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 6 (The Portkey) - "No, the Lovegoods have been there for a week already and the Fawcetts couldn’t get tickets," said Mr Diggory. "There aren’t any more of us in this area, are there?"
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ministers for Magic" at Pottermore
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter and the Cursed Child