A diamond is a very valuable gemstone with remarkable physical characteristics: it has the highest hardness and thermal conductivity of any bulk material and a relatively high optical dispersion which results in its characteristic luster.
For Christmas, in 1996, Fred and George Weasley offered their mother a brand-new midnight blue witch's hat glittering with what looked like tiny starlike diamonds. The downstairs windows of Malfoy Manor were diamond-paned. Diamonds were among the gems set into Muriel's tiara, as well as moonstones.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Notes and references
- ↑ Diamond on Wikipedia
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 4 - (The Leaky Cauldron)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Chapter 16 (A Very Frosty Christmas)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 1 - (The Dark Lork Ascending)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Chapter 25 (Shell Cottage)