A diamond is a very valuable gemstone with remarkable physical characteristics: it has the highest hardness and thermal conductivity of any bulk material and a relatively high optical dispersion which results in its characteristic lustre.
For Christmas, in 1996, Fred and George Weasley offered their mother a brand-new midnight blue witch's hat glittering with what looked like tiny starlike diamonds. Diamonds were among the gems set into Muriel's tiara, as well as moonstones. Diamonds also filled the Hufflepuff House points hourglass at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ Diamond on Wikipedia
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 4 (The Leaky Cauldron)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 16 (A Very Frosty Christmas)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 25 (Shell Cottage)
- ↑ Twitter conversation with J.K. Rowling (Official) where she confirms what gem is in the Hufflepuff Hourglass.