Point wand at target
- "With a whip-like movement, Crabbe pointed his wand at the fifty-foot mountain of old furniture, of broken trunks, of old books and robes and unidentifiable junk and shouted, "Descendo!" The wall began to totter, then crumbled into the aisle next door where Ron stood."
- —Crabbe tries to kill Ron with this spell.[src]
Descendo is a spell that likely causes any targeted object to move downwards, or in other words causes something to descend or lower itself.
|Ron Weasley||July 1997||Ron used this spell to lower the ceiling hatch and ladder leading to the Burrow's attic to show Harry Potter the transfigured ghoul.|
|Vincent Crabbe||2 May, 1998||Crabbe cast this spell on a fifty-foot high pile of junk in the Room of Requirement, to make it fall over in an effort to murder Ron Weasley.|
Descendo is Latin for "I descend".
Behind the scenes
In the Nintendo DS version of the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, players can lower floating objects by tapping on them with the stylus. This is possibly a use of Descendo, though it is never explicitly identified as a spell at all.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game) (Possible appearance) (Nintendo DS version only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Handheld versions only)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter