|Department of Magical Games and Sports|
This department was formed in response to the signing of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy in 1692, when each individual Ministry became responsible for the consequences of all magical sports played within their countries. The current affairs of the department have to do with such sport-related pastimes as organising the Quidditch World Cup and the Triwizard Tournament.
The department has a casual atmosphere at the Ministry, with Quidditch posters all over its walls.
The department is located on the seventh level of the Ministry of Magic, and includes the following divisions:
- Hamish MacFarlan - Became Head in 1968.
- Ludovic "Ludo" Bagman - Left his position in 1995
- The current head of the department is unknown.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Safety Warning signs for rides in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter are posted by this department.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Mentioned on sign)