|Department of Magical Games and Sports|
The International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy was signed in 1692, and it made each individual Ministry of Magic responsible for the consequences of all magical sports played within their countries. The Ministry started passing legislation pertaining to Quidditch in 1750 (including the first official set of rules of the game), but the Department itself was only established under Minister Grogan Stump, sometime between 1811 and 1819.
The Department has a very relaxed ambience, the corridor off the access lift being somewhat "untidy-looking" in comparison to the other Ministerial Departments: various posters of Quidditch teams tacked lopsidedly on the walls. Ludovic Bagman used to be the Head of Department here, but his gambling problem forced him to flee from Goblin creditors.
The department is located on the seventh level of the Ministry of Magic, and includes the following divisions:
- Hamish MacFarlan - Became Head in 1968.
- Ludovic "Ludo" Bagman - Left his position in 1995
- The current head of the department is unknown.
Behind the scenes
- Safety Warning signs for rides in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter are posted by this department.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Mentioned on sign)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references